- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A Comparative Study of the Theme of Love in Romeo and Juliet and the Taming of the Shrew.
The first 200 words of this essay...
28th April, 03
A Comparative Study of the Theme of Love in Romeo and Juliet and the Taming of the Shrew
Romeo and Juliet and the Taming of the Shrew are the famous plays written by William Shakespeare in the 16th Century. In the two plays, Shakespeare tried to explore many aspects in human life and the theme of love is one of the common themes in the two plays. According to the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, love refers to the affectionate devotion that exists between a relationship. There are many different kinds of love within a relationship. In this paper, I am going to focus my discussion on the kind of love between men and women. What I am going to do is to compare and contrast the theme of love in the two plays by answering two questions. Those questions are: what is the theme of love in the plays and how is it presented.
First of all, let's discuss what is the theme of love in both plays. There are three couples in the plays, they are Romeo and Juliet; Lucentio and Bianca; Katherina and Petruchio. In both plays, Romeo and Juliet and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Romeo and Juliet (view all)
- Romeo and Juliet - Juliets diary. Saturday 1595, my own bed.
- Foreboding in Romeo and Juliet
- Compare the way in which Luhrmann and Zeffirelli introduce t...
- Compare the opening scenes of Zeffirelli and Lhurmann's film...
- Blood Wedding. How does the Playwright use Language to demo...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.