- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A Short Story: ‘Being Followed’
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Short Story: 'Being Followed'
It had been two years and 4 months since it had happened, the bomb dropped on the 11th June 1999. The Murdoch family had retreated to their shelter on the same day. Jonathon Murdoch, the father, had prepared the shelter many years in advance, being of the apprehensive type. He had worked for a large computer engineering company before it happened, he and his family were happy and had enough money to live comfortably in Somerset, where they resided in an ancient farmhouse, snuggled in a beautiful valley miles away from anywhere. Matilda Murdoch, his wife, was a successful illustrator, and the mother of the three bright children. Lily the eldest, fifteen, excelled at school and was an avid music fanatic. Thomas the youngest was, as seven year olds often are, a rogue and would disappear for hours into the woods that formed part of the Murdoch's land. Chloe, who was twelve, appeared very quiet, and to some almost stupid, however she was the brightest spark among them, as we will find out.
The shelter they were in was surprisingly spacious and comfortable, it had running water and electricity -
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Creative Writing (view all)
- Case Study of Three Counselling Sessions.
- Heroes - Francis Character Analysis
- Write as if you are Beverly Naidoo, Explain how and why you ...
- Write an essay about a past experience that was difficult at...
- The Conflict in "A&P" by John Updike.
""Zoey. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.