- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Blood Wedding. How does the Playwright use Language to demonstrate the Characters' Personalities the Plot and the Style of the Play?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How does the Playwright use Language to demonstrate the Characters' Personalities the Plot and the Style of the Play?
The plot of Blood Wedding is quite complex although it seems simple. The main focus is the wedding between the bride and bridegroom, however Lorca makes lots of references to blood and death as hints of what is to happen at the climax of the play. For example he is constantly referring to the death of the bridegrooms father and brother, who were killed by members of the Felix family.
In the opening scene, the mother, after only saying 5 lines, immediately makes a reference to death, she says "Damn the Knife, Damn all Knives and the devil that brought them into the world." This is obviously a very powerful line and shows she obviously has had some sort of bad experience with knives. This also shows that the mother is quite insecure and, when we learn that the incident in question happened over 20 years ago, that she has extreme trouble letting go. When she tells the bridegroom "I want six grandchildren at the very least, now that your fathers gone." We understand that she
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Romeo and Juliet (view all)
- Foreboding in Romeo and Juliet
- Discuss the representation of the feud in Romeo and Juliet.
- Critical Evaluation of "Romeo and Juliet" By Baz L...
- Baz Luhrmann directed a modern adaptation of 'Romeo and Juli...
- Suicide Impulse in Romeo and Juliet.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.