- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discussing conflict in Hamlet.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Throughout Hamlet, there are a number of conflicts that take place that could still take place today. Although Hamlet takes place in the 1400's doesn't change anything, they happened back then, they could happen now. Three main conflicts from Hamlet include relationships, betrayal and selfishness. These three issues not only play an important role in Hamlet, but the story in one way or another revolves around these three issues. When it comes to friends or enemies, selfishness and betrayal tie into these people's lives in the play Hamlet.
Relationships are very important today and were very important in the past. Although each relationship is different, some are good and some are bad. But good relationships can last a long time and sometimes forever but bad relationships can end, very quickly. In some cases, relationships determine the direction life will take and they can change everything. Although love and relationships can sometimes be wonderful and happy, they can sometimes lead to things such as madness, suicide and depression. As is the case in Hamlet. A comparison of the love relationship between Ophelia and Hamlet and Gertrude and Claudius, illustrate that betrayal, selfishness and lack of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hamlet (view all)
- Portrayal of women in 'Hamlet'
- Hamlet and The Spanish Tragedy - a brief comparative study -
- In conclusion the attitudes towards women in the plays Hamle...
- Justice in Shakespeare's Hamlet
- Contrast an Elizabethan and a modern audience's understandin...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.