- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Major Essay: Obesity Discussion, DavidZinczenko's "Don't blame the eater".
The first 200 words of this essay...
Major Essay: Obesity Discussion
Many people think that obesity in America is a conspiracy. That there is something deeper going on here that ultimately leads to huge amounts of profits and a lot of unhealthy Americans. When it comes to obesity people feel that it's not their fault that obesity has taken over their lives but it all has to do with the corporations. Obesity has become an epidemic and an important public health concern. Because the problem is multidimensional, the solution requires an interdisciplinary approach involving the cooperation of the food industry with other stakeholders, such as the government and health care providers. The consumer is an important player in the solution to obesity because the consumer can make healthy lifestyle choices at the individual level.
Fast food, soda, hot dogs and other high-calorie food products like potato chips and sugary cereals are ubiquitous and cheap in the U.S. dietary landscape. Unfortunately, most are also nutritionally empty. To prevent overweight and obesity, the U.S. Surgeon General recommends a nutritious diet that follows the "Dietary Guidelines for Americans" published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Surgeon General also advocates that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Argumentative or Persuasive Essays (view all)
- Women in Politics Essay. Power and Pornography: Male Suprema...
- WORD AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE
- The word formation process. Analyse the importance of word ...
- Argumentative Essay: Video games, beneficial or detrimental?
- Stylistic Analysis of Martin Luther King's I Have A Dream S...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.