- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Othello. Emilias monologue in act IV scene iii lines 82-99 articulate her views that women and men are not so different
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Othello and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
But I do think it is their husbands' faults 
If wives do fall: say that they slack their duties,
And pour our treasures into foreign laps,
Or else break out in peevish jealousies, 
Throwing restraint upon us; or say they strike us,
Or scant our former having in despite;
Why, we have galls, and though we have some grace,
Yet have we some revenge. Let husbands know
Their wives have sense like them: they see and smell 
And have their palates both for sweet and sour,
As husbands have. What is it that they do
When they change us for others? Is it sport?
I think it is: and doth affection breed it?
I think it doth: is't frailty that thus errs? 
It is so too: and have not we affections,
Desires for sport, and frailty, as men have?
Then let them use us well: else let them know,
The ills we do, their ills instruct us so. 
[Emilia's monologue, Othello, Verse, act IV scene iii]
Emilia's monologue in act IV scene iii lines
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Othello (view all)
- Othello: Noble Moor or Dangerous Savage?
- Shakespeare's "Othello", the third scene of Act Th...
- Analyse an extract of not less than 500 words from a text of...
- Othello's curse of distrust (Act I & II).
- Racism in Othello
- Shakespeares play Henry IV is a compelling illustration of c...
- In William Shakespeares Othello, we witness the tragedy of a...
- Discuss the representation of religious and racial differenc...
- Show how Shakespeare sets out the contrasting characters of ...
- With close reference to the representation of female charact...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Zoey. University Student.