- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
romeo and julliet
The first 200 words of this essay...
Romeo and Juliet
"Wisely and slow, they stumble that run fast (Act 2 scenes 3). Some argue that Romeos acts impulsively. With specific reference to Act 1 i, Act 3 iii and Act 5 iii, consider Shakespeares portrayal of Romeo. How does his character change throughout the play?"
Romeo and Juliet a tragedy, set in the Italian city of Verona includes many shocking events, such as suicide, murder and forbidden love. The play is about two death marked lovers coming from different families with ancient feuds. The Elizabethan audience would be shocked and disgusted at Romeo and Juliet behaviour as they were very religious when this was first perfomed-1594. They had different views on how woman could behave. When Juliet first refuses to marry Paris it is deemed very rude, because the Elizabethans believed in fate and those taking fate into there own hands were defying god. It was believed that god designed a path for you and you were to follow it. At the start of the play Romeo comes across as a selfish teenager who listens to his heart rather then his head. However as the play progresses Shakespeare use stage directions and language to reveal a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Romeo and Juliet (view all)
- What is Irony? - situational, verbal, and dramatic forms
- What literary devices are used to portray whether Romeo and ...
- Suicide Impulse in Romeo and Juliet.
- Discuss the representation of the feud in Romeo and Juliet.
- The Wars by Timothy Findley.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.