- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Tension in Drama.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to A Midsummer Nights Dream and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Tension is the force that drives the drama. However it is the most difficult element to comprehend because you cannot see or touch it. It is the most important element because drama can't exist without it. It is essential that it is created, but it is easily lost.
The use of violence often makes the creation of tension easier, but violence or conflict is not necessary to create tension. There are 4 ways of creating dramatic tension.
Tension of the:
Before a problem in a drama can be resolved, the characters must say and do many things. These tasks make up the action. To make the dramatic action tense, we must:
* Make the task hard - if it is not, the play will be over straight away
* Make the task important - resolving the problem must matter to those in the drama. There must be reasons.
* Make the task fun.
Human Relationships are a central component to the dramatic tension. Thus one of the common sources of tension can be found in the relationships found in the characters.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
A Midsummer Nights Dream (view all)
- Explore the theme of Appearance and Reality in A Midsummer N...
- In what ways is 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' a play of discor...
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - Character Analysis
- "The course of true love never did run smooth." Di...
- The question to be answered is whether or not Midsummer Nigh...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.