- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Analysis of the Dialogues in The Last Leaf Based on Cooperative Principle
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Analysis of the Dialogues in O.Henry's "The Last Leaf"
Based on Cooperative Principle
1. Main Content and Theme of the "The Last Leaf"
Johnsy, Sue and Behrman are three of the impoverished artists. One autumn, Johnsy suffers from Pneumonia. She hasn't any passion for the future life that she depends her life on the ivy leaves outside the window. She believes that the moment the last leaf falls she will die. Her friend, Sue constant nurse and comfort her. One night, during a bad storm destined to tear the last leaf from the tree, Old Behrman, regardless of the cold, wet night paints a vivid leaf on the outdoor vine to restore the dying Johnsy's hope to live. The last leaf kindled Johnsy's life fire again. However, Mr. Berhman died of pneumonia during the night.
The Last Leaf speaks highly of the sincere lasting friendship just as the evergreen ivy leaf, and the noble spirit--selfless sacrifice.
2. The Intention of This Article
Dialogues between characters in "The Last Leaf" are nearly half portion of the whole story so this article tries to reveal the priceless friendship through analyzing
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Literary Criticism (view all)
- Mrs. Dalloway. Clarissa Dalloway and Peter Walsh are defined...
- In an essay of 1500 words consider the ways in which Top Gir...
- The Revenger's Tragedy. In the extract, the key themes of l...
- The Theme of Love in Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre.
- Hard Times: A Characterization of Englands Industrial Revolu...
- Language and Style Prose Analysis on an extract from "T...
- In Making Young Hamlet, Harkins opens us a new door to analy...
- In Poes The Man of the Crowd, which character(s) could be co...
- A short commentary on Roland Barthes Mother Courage Blind
- An Analysis of Rip Van Winkle Using Psychoanalytic and Arche...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.