- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Boston Stranglers.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Criminology, period 2
January 4, 2002
The Boston Strangler
Between the years of 1962 and 1964, the Boston area had been the scene for the mysterious murders of female residents. Thirteen women were strangled in Boston, USA, between June 1962 and January 1964. The killer, moved by uncontrollable sexual desires, plausibly talked his way into the confidence of women living alone. Once admitted to their homes, he raped and strangled his victims. His hallmark was to tie the ligature around their necks with a characteristic bow under the chin. In her book, The Boston Stranglers, Susan Kelly depicts the upbringing of convicted murderer Albert DeSalvo, which would lead him to commit these horrible acts.
Albert Henry DeSalvo, the third of six children, was born in Chelsea, Massachusetts, on September 3, 1931. His parents were Charlotte and Frank DeSalvo, and his family showed powerful signs of being a dysfunctional family. The troubles in his family were created because of his father, who was repeatedly arrested for sternly refusing to support to his wife and children. He was a monster of abuse to Charlotte and the children, beating them
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
E.B. White (view all)
- "Secrets" by Tim Winton is about a young girl call...
- Children's Literature
- The themes of Eveline and A Little cloud are very different,...
- The intense sunlight shimmed through the curtains like a lig...
- The women of the Joy Luck Club were selected because they al...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.