- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
This essay is going to discuss the works of Shakespeare's Hamlet and John Updike's Gertrude and Claudius.
The first 200 words of this essay...
This essay is going to discuss the works of Shakespeare's Hamlet and John Updike's Gertrude and Claudius. It will look to compare and contrast certain aspects of each book in relation to each other. Some central characters in each book will be looked at and how they are similar in each book, along with the views that would lead you to believe that Gertrude and Claudius are truly in love or just lusting over each other. The ghost in each writing will be looked at to see if they relate to each other or not and the character of Polonius will be examined in each of the two works. Also some foreshadowing from Gertrude and Claudius on to Hamlet will be addressed.
Shakespeare's Hamlet has a lot to do with the character of Hamlet himself, as he is the central character in the play. It starts off with the introduction of a ghost who turns out to be in the image of Hamlets murdered father, Old Hamlet. This Ghost plays a vital role in the play because it is the ghost that enduces Hamlet to get revenge for his father murder. In this first act we
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hamlet (view all)
- The Portrayal of Shakespeare's Hamlet in Cinema
- Justice in Shakespeare's Hamlet
- Hamlet and The Spanish Tragedy - a brief comparative study -
- Women in Hamlet. The only two female characters in Hamlet ar...
- Definition Of A Hero
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.