- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What I like and/or don’t like about John Donne
The first 200 words of this essay...
Literature: Donne Melissa Cheng Bing 02
sorry...I tried my best...but face it Mel, you're not funny.(not that I WAS trying to be funny.)
Essay Assignment: What I like and/or don't like about John Donne
From what I know, which is not a lot, John Donne is a metaphysical poet who reigned in the 16th century. Metaphysical poetry is, so-defined-in-my-notes, the study of abstract and immaterial things; which is something I find quite so pointless. Like the people in that era have so much time to explore such stuff with such detail. Like they got nothing better to do. Basically, these people are real losers, especially Mr. Donne. He is such a prick and he sucks in innumerable ways. I dislike him to bits!
Firstly, his parents suck for bringing him into this world. I mean. What were they thinking? Did they hate society so much that they decided to have a kid and punish us all through his works? I mean. Do we really deserve all this? I'm not saying that they can't enjoy their love-making, but at the expense of all of mankind? That's awfully selfish of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Donne (view all)
- Love in the Poetry of John Donne.
- John Donne - A Valediction Forbidding Mourning
- A critical analysis of the message by John Donne
- "The Good Morrow" a poem by John Donne.
- Explore the theme of 'love' within the poems written by John...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'