- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
With reference to the poems of Antonio Machado, Juan Ramón Jiménez, and Federico García Lorcas tudied in the course, discuss the uses of poetry and the ways in which the three writers exploit this medium.
The first 200 words of this essay...
SPPO1120 - modern writing
Student No. 020-861-829
With reference to the poems of Antonio Machado, Juan Ramón Jiménez, and Federico García Lorca studied in the course, discuss the uses of poetry and the ways in which the three writers exploit this medium
Poetry is a vast genre of literature that is used to express emotions, feelings and ideas. Every writer has different reasons for expressing their ideas through this medium. Antonio Machado, Juan Ramón Jiménez and Federico García Lorca were all Spanish poets who lived around the same era. Does this mean their uses of poetry were the same? Did they write poems for the same reasons? In order to discuss how they have used poetry it is necessary to understand their poems in more detail.
At first glance it seems that Antonio Machado explores nature and the beauty of it in his poetry. In his poem Crepúsculo Machado describes a nature scene. Although he doesn't use the first person, it is clear from the content that the poem is implicitly about him. He has therefore, used nature to mirror himself. The cold images of stone and marble in the poem, like the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Wordsworth (view all)
- "Revelation" by Liz Lochhead is a poem that vividl...
- "Trio", by Edwin Morgan, is a poem that deals with...
- An analysis of 'Nutting' by William Wordsworth
- The Solitary Reaper by William Wordsworth.
- The supernatural in Coleridge's "The Rime of the Ancien...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.