- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analyse why networking software is divided into layers, and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of such a division.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Assignment IC311A - TCP/IP and OSI Networking
In this essay I intend to analyse why networking software is divided into layers, and to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of such a division. I will then go on to analyse what the main differences between the networking protocols known as OSI and TCP/IP are. I will also attempt to analyse what factors led to their successes and failures respectively in terms of their diffusion into the technology sector. However, before we can discuss this, we must first be sure that we are aware of the meanings of terms such as networks, network architecture, protocols, and distributed networks/systems so I will begin by defining these phrases.
Essentially, a network is the connection of two or more computers for the purpose of data communication and resource sharing. "...the formal definition of a network could be given as a number of interconnected devices capable of communicating and sharing each other's resources" (Bandyo-padhyway, 2000:157) As can be seen from the above quote, networking offers organisations a wealth of benefits. "A network enables an organization to centralize its computer system and allows users to access the facilities of a large computer system
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- What is research?
- Information systems development literature review. Since th...
- Compression and Decompression for Multimedia System
- Code model and the inferential model
- Interlanguage and the Error analysis
- Airline Reservation System
- A basic RFID system consists of main two elements an interro...
- Forensic Tools and Techniques - EnCase & XRY
- STAVIES: A System for Information Extraction from unknown We...
- Precautions against internet scamming
""Zoey. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.