- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analyzing First Order Kinetics - cis-trans isomerization of mercury dithizonate
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Bsc(Hons) in Chemical Technology
Chemistry Laboratory III
Inorganic Chemistry Experiment 6
Title: Analyzing First Order Kinetics - cis-trans isomerization of mercury dithizonate
Name: KO KA LEE
Student ID: 02183698D
The purpose of this experiment is to analyze first-order kinetics and rate constant by using four general methods:
1. Half-time method
2. Semi-log method
3. Guggenhein's method
4. R/R? method (ratios of rates).
Results and Data Treatment:
From the data obtained (Appendix 1), a graph of absorbance Y(t) against time is plotted.
For 1st order kinetics,
t = t1/2
y t1/2 = (y0 + y? ) / 2
From the data,
y0 = 0.2969208
y? = 0
y t1/2 = (0.2969208 + 0) / 2
From Graph 1,
At absorbance 0.1484604, t1/2 = 21.5s
By kobs = ln2 / t1/2 ,
kobs = ln2/ 21.5
= 0.0322 s-1
A graph of Z(t) =
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Mathematics (view all)
- Development of Calculus
- Bridges of Knigsberg & Eulerian circuits
- Maths Economics
- Lines, Regions and Crossovers
- Point Blank - The purpose of this essay is to identify why ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.