- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Body Statistics Maths Investigation
The first 200 words of this essay...
Maths Statistics Coursework
As we grow up we change - or do we? Boys are different from girls - or
Use samples from different age groups for both sexes. Choose two
measurable statistics that can be sampled easily and sensitively. You
need one statistic you think will be different and one you do not
think will be different and use a sample for each.
Make a hypothesis.
Collecting the data
We collected data from those who were both older and younger than us.
I was directly involved in data capture of body statistics for two
classes of year sevens who had maths simultaneously as us. We chose to
survey the whole of the accessible population because of the
relatively small size of it. We chose to sample to classes because the
amount of data we would collect, about 60 sets, would be about
correct. It is large enough to collect in a reasonable amount of time.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Statistics (view all)
- "Positivist researchers adopt a quantitative methodolog...
- Explaining Research Methods Used by Social Scientists.
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Quota Sampling Compared ...
- Compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative approaches...
- Graphical Misrepresentation through statistics.
- Expenditure per Student in High Schools :Estimation Using Cr...
- Quantitive Methods - questions and answers
- Business Statistics. The aims of this report for AllRepairs...
- Stochastic Models
- Dorfman, Robert (1943) essay 'The detection of defective mem...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.