- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigate what influences the price of a second hand car.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigate what influences the price of a second hand car:
To investigate the factors that may affect the price of a second hand car I decided to choose 30 random cars from a database of 100 cars from "Gary's Car Sales" and use graphs to prove my hypotheses. I chose 30 cars as I will have enough data to make hypotheses, but choosing more than 30 cars would be too much data to use. To choose my random 30 cars I did a method called 'Random Sampling' I did this method by pressing shift ran# on my calculator which gave me a random number, multiplying that number by 100 and then rounding it up to the nearest whole number. To do my graphs I used a computer to be more accurate. I did this by highlighting the data I wanted to use and selecting the new chart button. On my scatter graphs there were three cars that showed up as anomalies as they were further apart from the rest of the data because of this I repeated my scatter graphs for every hypothesis. I have included both sets of graphs in my work.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Statistics (view all)
- Compare and contrast qualitative and quantitative approaches...
- Features of Quantitative Research.
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Quota Sampling Compared ...
- Discuss some of the ways in which statistics can be used or ...
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of quantitative an...
- Expenditure per Student in High Schools :Estimation Using Cr...
- Quantitive Methods - questions and answers
- Business Statistics. The aims of this report for AllRepairs...
- Dorfman, Robert (1943) essay 'The detection of defective mem...
- Stochastic Models
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.