- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Measurement of Processors Performance report. In the experiment, a testing code was developed in C Programming Language. The design involved filling up each memory hierarchy level with data, then by noting down the time taken to access each level, the ban
- Essay length: 2428 words
- Submitted: 01/05/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
Measurement of Processors Performance
Commissioned by THE UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND
Electrical and Electronic Department (EED)
COMPSYS 304 - Computer Architecture
Table of Contents
1. Experiment Overview 4
1.1 Theoretical Background 4
1.2 Testing Platform 5
2. Theoretical Prediction 6
2.1 Hypothesis 6
2.2 Estimation Calculation 6
3. Design Methodology 7
3.1 Experimental Achievement 7
3.2 Experimental Implementation 7
3.3 Experimental Errors 7
4. Result 8
5. Discussion 10
6. Conclusion and Recommendation 11
7. List of References 12
Table of Figures
Figure 1 Memory Hierarchy 3
Figure 2 Design Strategy 4
Figure 3 Graph of Data Transfer Rate versus Array Size for Sequential Access for Core i7 975 EE 8
Figure 4 Graph of Data Transfer Rate versus Array Size for Sequential Access for Core i5 750 8
Figure 5 Average Data Transfer Rate Comparison between Core i7 EE and Core i5 750 9
Figure 6 Comparison of Bandwidth between Core i5 750 and Core i7 975 EE 10
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- What is research?
- Information systems development literature review. Since th...
- Compression and Decompression for Multimedia System
- TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Code model and the inferential model
- Airline Reservation System
- A basic RFID system consists of main two elements an interro...
- Forensic Tools and Techniques - EnCase & XRY
- STAVIES: A System for Information Extraction from unknown We...
- Precautions against internet scamming
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.