- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The aim of the lego exercise is to understand the key steps of method study. In the exercise, MBA students assemble the blocks with different colors on a plastic base according to the requirement indicated on the worksheet.
The first 200 words of this essay...
While the capability of individual employees shall not be ignored, the productivity of modern enterprises is getting more and more dependent on the management art. Frederick Windlow Taylor, the author of The Principles of scientific management, clearly indicated the key points of operation management - "the planning and execution of work tasks should be separated, management taking responsibility for determining the most effective methods, establishing a measurement of the resulting work content, and providing the necessary equipment and training to allow the workers to employ them effectively (Ronnie McMillan, 2002, p142)".
Scientific management, developed by Taylor in 1911, is a widely used approach for job design. The approach includes two elements: method study - concentrating on determining the most effective and efficient method, and work measurement - measuring the time for completing a task at defined level of performance. This essay will introduce the block-structure assembly, a job design exercise for method study. Furthermore, how jobs are designed for PABX installation projects in Nortel Networks, the organization I worked for, will be reflected and compared with Taylor's theory.
Account of the Block-structure Assembly Exercise
The aim of the lego exercise is to understand the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Computer Science (view all)
- What is research?
- UK Copyright and File Sharing
- Information systems development literature review. Since th...
- Compression and Decompression for Multimedia System
- Code model and the inferential model
- Airline Reservation System
- A basic RFID system consists of main two elements an interro...
- Forensic Tools and Techniques - EnCase & XRY
- STAVIES: A System for Information Extraction from unknown We...
- Precautions against internet scamming
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.