- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Usefulness of Questionnaires in Carrying out research.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Statistics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Usefulness of Questionnaires in Carrying out research
Questionnaires are a set of written questions that are given to the respondent in the same order, so that the same information is collected and collated. There are several different types of questionnaires, like Structured interview questionnaires and Postal questionnaires, which can be used to evaluate people's opinions.
Questionnaires can be very useful in carrying out research, because questionnaires use quantitative data. Quantitative data is mainly about numbers and statistics, and it also usually involves a lot of respondents. The advantages of quantitative data are, with facts, figures and numbers, you can see trends and patterns. This kind of data can be analysed using computers. You could also use large samples and surveys. Quantitative data is also useful in carrying out research, because it can be reanalysed, so sociologists can use it again, therefore it is also reliable.
The most common type of questionnaire from which research is carried out, is the self-completion questionnaire given to people to fill in, usually in a work place or a school. Structured interview questionnaires are undertaken by trained researchers who guide respondents through the questions. This eliminates errors and misunderstandings. Postal questionnaires
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Statistics (view all)
- Should Sociologists make use of official statistics?
- Quantitative Analysis for Business.
- Factors predicting disclosure of chronic illness status in t...
- Explaining Research Methods Used by Social Scientists.
- Sociology Topic: - The Extended Family.
- Expenditure per Student in High Schools :Estimation Using Cr...
- Quantitive Methods - questions and answers
- Business Statistics. The aims of this report for AllRepairs...
- Stochastic Models
- Dorfman, Robert (1943) essay 'The detection of defective mem...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.