- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analyse the trailer for MissionImpossible-2, showing how successfully it advertises the film on which it is based.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analyse the trailer for Mission Impossible-2, showing how successfully it advertises the film on which it is based.
My first impression of the trailer for the film Mission Impossible-2, is that its action packed, futuristic, tense and adventurous. It uses various camera techniques to sustain the interest of a wide audience.
The first image of the trailer is the 3-D Paramount logo. The camera tracks around the logo which shows us that the film is going to be unique and hi-tech compared to other films. The 3-D Paramount logo is a snow topped mountain which is blue/grey in colour. The mountain looks very dominating which could give the impression that there is a dominating character in the film. The next image is the desert which is a rugged, ochre yellow mountain. This image gives us the impression that the atmosphere is calm and relaxed. The camera then tracks along the cliff focusing on Tom Cruise. This is the next image, which is Tom Cruise climbing up the cliff. The camera takes various medium and long shots that dissolve into each other. Long shots create isolation and in this shot Tom Cruise looks alone and isolated because
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Film Analysis - Edward Scissorhands - by Tim Burton
- Woman as castrator: A psychoanalytic-feminist study of the c...
- Analyse how V for Vendetta is a political and symbolic film ...
- The layers that can be constructed from the film “...
- The Godfather "An offer you can't refuse!"
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'