- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysis of the first sequences of the film "Punch Drunk Love".
The first 200 words of this essay...
PUNCH DRUNK LOVE
Directed by: Paul Thomas Anderson
Prepared By: Group Catwomen
Asli Leman Unlu
"Punch-Drunk Love" is above all a portrait of a personality type. P.T. Anderson utilizes many techniques to synchronize the experience of the protagonist, Barry, and the viewing audience, in order to effectively immerse the viewer in the universe Punch Drunk Love inhabits. Barry Egan has been damaged, perhaps beyond repair, by what he sees as the depredations of his domineering sisters. It drives him crazy when people nose into his business. He cannot stand to be trifled with. His world is entered by alarming omens and situations that baffle him. The character is vividly seen and the film sympathizes with him in his extremity.
Music was an important mise en scene element through out this film. Music in this film plays two main roles: representing Barry Egan's crippling,sometimes violent, anxiety and
First scene starts with fade in to show the contrast between the large area and the small desk which is located in the corner of the large
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Film Analysis - Edward Scissorhands - by Tim Burton
- Truman Show Analysis: The End Sequence.
- Film Essay - Martin Scorsese.
- A Cultural Analysis of the Film Enemy of the State.
- The Truman Show is a powerful satire on media intrusion into...
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.