- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
'Contrasting worlds' in'Trading Places' and 'Local Hero'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
English Course Work: Media
Ms Makkar. Rm. 100
'Contrasting Worlds' in
'Trading Places' and 'Local Hero'
Trading Places is a film about contrasting people and how different people from diverse backgrounds can adapt to new surroundings. The two main characters are Lewis Winthorpe, a well off, successful businessman and Billy-Ray Valentine, a homeless man with no money or possessions. These two characters are put into an alien environment when they 'trade places' and live each other's lives, as the result of a bet between the two brothers who own the company Winthorpe works for.
Local Hero concentrates more on the contrast in physical environment. In this film
MacIntire, who works for a large oil company in Texas, is sent to work in a small remote village in Scotland. The locals seem to be very relaxed and the pace of life is very slow, unlike the busy employees of the Texas oil company. The film explores how MacIntire gradually takes on the behaviour of the new culture.
The film 'Trading Places' sets the scene at the start by showing examples of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Representation of Masculinity in ‘Billy Elliot&...
- Can documentary film be truly impartial?
- Compare and contrast the ways that Disney represents the cha...
- photography. An image that Cindy Sherman beautifully photog...
- Analyse the Narrative structure of The Proposition.
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.