- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
David Fincher's new film- "Panic Room" strongly represents the idea, how terrified we are of becoming the victims we see on TV.
The first 200 words of this essay...
By Elena Hristova
Some people-usually rich ones-feel the need to have a "safe room" to survive some invaders and/or Armageddon. David Fincher's new film- "Panic Room" strongly represents the idea, how terrified we are of becoming the victims we see on TV. The film with it scares has a lot in common with the fear and paranoia of Manson generation: You really can't protect your family or your home. Besides this the clear Hitchcockian atmospherics of suspense is a part of the film as well. "Panic Room" is the ultimate example of Hollywood's obsession with high concepts, which are mostly cliché: A divorced woman and her daughter move into a new house with a "panic room", a secret room designed to keep out intruders. But when the intruders arrive, the woman and her daughter escape into the panic room and everyone ends up fighting for their life.
The film represents the idea that from my point of view, was formed a long time ago, but got to its greatest point after September 11th 2000- the idea is that nobody can protect themselves and their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Film Essay - Martin Scorsese.
- Can documentary film be truly impartial?
- In School Daze, Spike Lee takes aim at an important issue at...
- Media Assignment: Bladerunner.
- Assignment: Critical analysis of a film Raging bull by Marti...
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo