- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
"Do We Want To Follow New York& Be Smoke- Free"?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Text Analysis; Evening Standard (London), October 27, 2003
"Do We Want To Follow New York & Be Smoke- Free"
(Ross Lydall; Alexis Akwagyiram)
The Evening Standard is published by Associated Newspapers Ltd which is the management company for five major newspapers; Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Evening Standard, London Metro, Ireland on Sunday as well as the advertising publication, The Loot. The Evening Standard is the only evening newspaper in London, published daily, and is generally perceived as being the first paper to break important news thus setting the agenda for the next day's news. It is a tabloid newspaper with certain assertions to being an 'intelligent' tabloid. Associated newspapers are known to be a company right of the middle, with its politics most characterised by The Daily Mail. It publishes four editions throughout the day (between 8.00am and 4.00pm) and has a daily circulation in excess of 424,000 and an estimated readership of 1 million. The paper also comes with a supplement four times a week and Metro Life on a Thursday which contains all the information concerning what is happening in London for the forthcoming week in relation to cinema, clubbing and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Paper-based media studies (view all)
- Describe what is meant by the term 'moral panic', using your...
- To what extent does the print-media influence young people i...
- Critical analysis: Virginia Woolf, 'A Room of One's Own.'
- Analysis of Nelson Mandela's Inauguration Speech
- Media Criticism Assignment: Sexism in Advertisements
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.