- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Film Analysis - Edward Scissorhands - by Tim Burton
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Media Studies and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Film Analysis "Edward Scissorhands" - Katrin Dreher
"Edward Scissorhands" by Tim Burton is a fantasy story contrasting both fairytale and horror-imagery. Dominated by two controversial themes, it is a love story between a beauty and a beast as well as a dark parable about loneliness, nonconformity, and the intolerance and tyranny of suburban small minds.
The story is about an Avon lady named Peg Boogs who discovers the unfinished experiment of a mad scientist: a weird looking and shy man/monster called Edward living in the neighborhood's old abandoned castle. The scientist died before replacing Edward's large shears with real hands and so his creation is left unfinished and all by himself until Peg shows up. She attempts to bring Edward into her subarban uniform world to live among her skeptical family and gossipy neighbors where at first he experiences positive reactions when he transforms the neighborhood into a fantastical garden by coaxing beautiful topiaries from tress and bushes and when he invents new individual haircuts for all of the town's women. He almost becomes somewhat of a celebrity. But it is hard for Edward to find his place within the superficial harmony and uniformity of suburbia and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Truman Show Analysis: The End Sequence.
- Film Essay - Martin Scorsese.
- A Cultural Analysis of the Film Enemy of the State.
- The Truman Show is a powerful satire on media intrusion into...
- Micro Analysis of "Men in Black" Scene 9.
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.