- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How BBC World(TM)s World News Today and CNN International(TM)s World News Asia produces their evening news shows
The first 200 words of this essay...
Jennifer CHUNG Hiu Kei (2005654208)
JMSC0046 Intro to Television - Laurie
9 Dec 2007
How BBC World's "World News Today" and CNN International's "World News Asia" produces their evening news shows
Every time I watch the evening news and see the lead story, I wonder what other news also occurred during the day around the world but missed out the winning title of being the most important piece. I also ponder over what other news events happened but weren't featured in the limited news time there is for each show. These thoughts lead me to investigate as to how editors and producers make the tough yet crucial decisions every day when deciding what kind of stories they run in their news broadcasts and how they prioritize the news events. I also want to explore what other factors may contribute to the decision for designing the run down each night. Understanding that if there's a continuous thriving supply of a product, there must mean there is a steady demand for it as well. In the case of evening news programs, this must mean there is a specific target audience demanding the news broadcasts.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Television & Radio Studies (view all)
- The influence of television on children.
- A rhetorical look at "Television The Plug In Drug"...
- NEW MEDIA AND OLD MEDIA
- How does the Television Drama Series Shameless, Disrupt Ster...
- This essay will discuss the representation of crime in the m...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.