- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In the film Less Than Zero (1987), director Marek Kanievska depicts his view of teen culture by emphasizing, like Nicholas Rays Rebel Without a Cause (1955) triangular relationships, rebellious behaviors, and parental issues.
The first 200 words of this essay...
In the film Less Than Zero (1987), director Marek Kanievska depicts his view of teen culture by emphasizing, like Nicholas Ray's Rebel Without a Cause (1955) triangular relationships, rebellious behaviors, and parental issues. Interestingly, both films also reveal the same conservative ideology in how teens are portrayed within their cultural context. Furthermore the original texts of both films shed light to their conservative portrayal and their inaccurate adaptation of the original works. Secondarily, reviewer Rob Gonsalves also sheds light on the film's conservative approach in representing teen culture. These two films share the same ideology: a conservative view of teens despite the films' time differences and cultural context.
Kanievska exemplifies teen imagery by representing it with three main characters named Clay, Blair, and Julian, who hold a triangular relationship. These characters are teens that have grownup in a life of wealth and privilege. The three teens exist in a society where money is not an issue. Because their parents supply them with money, there for drugs, parties, and expensive comforts have been placed before them with a choice of unlimited possibilities. Because of his conservative view, Kanievska changed a lot of issues mentioned in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Film Analysis - Edward Scissorhands - by Tim Burton
- Film Essay - Martin Scorsese.
- Truman Show Analysis: The End Sequence.
- The Truman Show is a powerful satire on media intrusion into...
- A Cultural Analysis of the Film Enemy of the State.
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo