- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Jane Eyre as a Fairy Tale. Jane Eyre is similar to many fairy tales due to the fact that there are elements of traditional fairy tale master plots, such as rags to riches, good versus evil and a lost love found again; and, ultimately, the implication of
The first 200 words of this essay...
Jane Eyre as a Fairy Tale
The fairy tale master plots of rags to riches and good versus evil are recurring themes throughout stories from many different cultures. Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, can be likened to a fairy tale, as certain elements of the master plot of the story, as it contains certain aspects of traditional fairy tale stories, such as Briar Rose and Cinderella. Jane Eyre was one of the first books with a female author that was widely read by the literate public. Since its first publication it has become part of the literary canon and continues to be the basis of discussion and debate among scholars even today, over a century after it was written. Jane Eyre is similar to many fairy tales due to the fact that there are elements of traditional fairy tale master plots, such as rags to riches, good versus evil and a lost love found again; and, ultimately, the implication of this is that the reader has a good idea that the novel will end with the traditional fairy tale ending of the characters living "happily ever after".
Many fairy tales, such as Cinderella involve a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Paper-based media studies (view all)
- Describe what is meant by the term 'moral panic', using your...
- Analysis of Nelson Mandela's Inauguration Speech
- To what extent does the print-media influence young people i...
- The printing press had a great influence on the Protestant R...
- Media Criticism Assignment: Sexism in Advertisements
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.