- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Journalism and Gender
The first 200 words of this essay...
JOURNALISM & GENDER
ASSIGNMENT 3 - PEACE
IPPY won't give her real name because of the outstanding arrest warrants and besides, why
should she trust a journalist after being "done over" by the press at Greenham Common women's
She finally agrees to be interviewed and quoted in her own words after conceding that some
good may come from the exercise. Years after she and her sisters were dismissed in the media as
dykes in dungarees or woolly-minded liberals who should have been at home looking after the
children, she's still wary of how she will be portrayed.
"I first visited the camp in 1984 and I was involved until the bitter end," she says. "I grew up in
the 70s and 80s and I was aware of nuclear weapons being such an important issue. Sitting at
home watching TV, I saw all these crazy women and thought, 'I want to do that'. It seemed to be
interesting and different. I was a teenager when I first got involved and it
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Paper-based media studies (view all)
- Analysis of Nelson Mandela's Inauguration Speech
- Eudora Wetley "A Worn Path" symbolism analysis
- This paper examines the influence that media has on adolesce...
- To what extent does the print-media influence young people i...
- This essay seeks to investigate how women's magazines, which...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo