- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Mise-en-scene. The film I have chosen to analyse for this assignment is 'Shaun of the Dead', the 2004 summer blockbuster from Simon Pegg
The first 200 words of this essay...
The film I have chosen to analyse for this assignment is 'Shaun of the Dead', the 2004 summer blockbuster from Simon Pegg. The film is basically a parody of George A. Romero's cult horror 'Dawn of the Dead', described by its makers as a 'Rom-Zom-Com' which stands for Romantic Zombie Comedy.
The first scene I have chosen to analyse is where Shaun (Simon Pegg) is walking back from the shop with a Cornetto and a can of Diet Coke whilst blissfully unaware that he is surrounded by blood thirsty zombies in a street full of destruction. It is 26 minutes and 5 seconds into the film. I have chosen to look at colour, the camera frame and movements in this shot.
Colour stands out in this scene, especially around our leading man. We see Shaun in the same work clothes as the previous day, his white shirt, black trousers, red tie and red badge. We can see red ink on his shirt from a leaky pen yesterday morning, combine this with the red tie, red badge, the red packaging of a strawberry Cornetto and the clear red 'Coke' sign on the can and it is clear
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Representation of Masculinity in ‘Billy Elliot&...
- Film Analysis - Edward Scissorhands - by Tim Burton
- This paper is mainly a comparison of Sigmund Freuds Mourning...
- A Cultural Analysis of the Film Enemy of the State.
- The Truman Show is a powerful satire on media intrusion into...
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.