- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Show How Developments In New Media Technology Have Influenced Lifestyles.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Show how developments in new media technology have influenced lifestyles.
Technology is seen by many as a panacea, it is seen as a cure for all ills, a solution. In some cases, this may be so. Technology has brought many benefits to our lives but also many faults and problems. For example, Steven Hawking, someone who's life was quite normal, until about 30, then due to illness, he would of become what we call a "human vegetable" if it weren't for modern technology, allowing him to express his views and emotions, basically live through a computer. Steven relies solely on the computer to express his opinions and communicate with the rest of the world.
Many parents are worried that children may be loosing out on essential relationship building skills, this is partially due to the increase of technology in our day-to-day lives. For example, within the family, in the old days around a century ago, evenings would be spent, with the whole family in one room, maybe around a piano, or table, talking and singing together, basically building up the family bond by sharing special time. Nowadays, evenings will be spent in separate rooms. For example son maybe
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electronic Media Studies (view all)
- How Does Technology Affect Family Life.
- How has the spread of communications technology affected cul...
- facebook: communication
- What are the effects of violent video games on society?
- Cultural and Technological Determinism Advantages and disadv...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.