- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Still Image Deconstruction: 'The Mummy'.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Still Image Deconstruction: 'The Mummy'
The text is a graphic advertisement for the film The Mummy, probably found on billboards and in magazines of different genres. The image denotes possibly the characters in the film. We see a variety of positions and postures, and the colour gold is vast. There is no age certificate in the text, and it is a narrative-based production.
The setting of the scene in the text can be intertextualised to that of an ancient Egyptian genre film, showing the pyramids and 'ancient' hieroglyphics.
At the top of the poster, the strap-line for the film is shown: "The sands will rise. The Heavens will part. The power will be unleashed"- Three simple sentences, possibly telling us what is going to happen in the film, or is it some kind of code?
There is a man in the foreground holding a gun. This connotes that he is perhaps the main character in the film, and represents bravery, courage and leadership. He is the only person in the text that is holding a weapon, connoting that he is perhaps the hero in the film. His shirt is dirty, and he has the typical 'heroic' look
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Film Analysis - Edward Scissorhands - by Tim Burton
- Cindy Sherman: Stereotype or Identity Crisis
- Does the film The Battle Of The Somme provide us with a real...
- `What cinematic techniques do you find particularly successf...
- Write a comparative review of the film and novel versions of...
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.