- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Technology What Is It?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Technology What Is It?
Technology What Is It? General term for the processes by which human beings fashion tools and Machines to increase their control and understanding of the material environment.
The Term is derived from the Greek words techno, which refers to an art or craft, and logia, meaning an area of study; thus, technology means, literally, the study, or science, of Crafting. As technology evolves, scientist and historians say that technology grows at a geometric rate without respect to geographical limits or political systems. These Innovations tend to transform traditional cultural systems, frequently with unexpected Social consequences. Thus technology can be conceived as both a creative and a Destructive process. Technology has been evolving with us since the beginning of the Prehistoric age, from the simplest off tools of the cave men to the now present future. Electronic fiber optic cables and the computerized artificial intelligence. Technology is Very important in our society, with out it we would not be able to survive in our ever Changing society. Imagine is someone didn't invent transportation. We would have not discovered the other continents. Or not having the technology to cope
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electronic Media Studies (view all)
- "The Real World of Technology" by: Ursula Franklin
- The potential benefits and risks of using cloning technology...
- The convenience and problems of modern technology.
- Cultural and Technological Determinism Advantages and disadv...
- Biomedical Technology
- Social networking and computer mediated communication
- User Generated Content and Web 2.0. Does the rise of Web 2....
- What in your view, are the main problems involved in attempt...
- Online Journalism - I will look at the rising use of interac...
- Do we live in a network society?
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.