- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Evils of Technology
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Media Studies and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Evils of Technology
Technology is the application of knowledge to develop the tools our society requires to run. It is a combination of science, engineering, art, economics, and social studies that is brought together with creativity and ingenuity to improve the quality of human life. Technology is about making it faster, better, easier, more economical, or more efficient. It is about making the world a better place to live. However, what if we lived in a world where technology was used for crime, death, or destruction? This world exists today. Humanity's ever increasing dependence on technology will ultimately lead to its demise. It has changed and enhanced the way of life for many, but without it, we would not be able to survive through today's world.
In Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Victor Frankenstein pursues science and technology not for wealth or happiness, but to satisfy his obsession with it. He became so obsessed with creating life, that it clouded his judgment, and took up all of his time and energy. He depends on technology to lead him to success. However, Frankenstein's overconfidence in his abilities causes technology to turn against him. By assuming the role of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Electronic Media Studies (view all)
- "The Real World of Technology" by: Ursula Franklin
- Tate Modern Case Study. The purpose of this research is to ...
- The potential benefits and risks of using cloning technology...
- What are the effects of violent video games on society?
- Communication in the modern world.
- Social networking and computer mediated communication
- User Generated Content and Web 2.0. Does the rise of Web 2....
- What in your view, are the main problems involved in attempt...
- Online Journalism - I will look at the rising use of interac...
- Do we live in a network society?
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.