- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Why Does the Issue of Privacy and the Media Continue to be a Controversial One?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Why Does the Issue of Privacy and the Media
Continue to be a Controversial One?
There are two sides to the debate which are based on two human rights, Article 8-the right to privacy and Article 10-the right to free speech. It's complicated as the two rights oppose each other with important conflicting issues on both sides. For each argument for there is one just as good against which is why it has lasted so long.
Controversy, when something stimulates a prolonged debate is generally complex, hotly debated and has two strong sides, as there are so many different issues. At least three different bodies have been involved in putting together different versions of the Code of Conduct. The controversy doesn't just remain in Britain, though, in the USA an anti-abortion website was closed down as it printed the names and addresses of some doctors who were willing to perform the procedure. Three of the doctors were killed. When the court closed the website it overruled the First Amendment of the Constitution-the right to free speech. It was very controversial and caused a big stir in the US.
It is not a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Paper-based media studies (view all)
- Critical analysis: Virginia Woolf, 'A Room of One's Own.'
- To what extent does the print-media influence young people i...
- To what extent do the texts Heart of Darkness, Black Mischie...
- Henry Jenkins and fan communities
- Myth of co parenting
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.