- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Writing a review - 'About A Boy'
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE Media Coursework
Writing a review
'About A Boy'
'About A Boy' is concerning a man and a boy who have more things in common than one. They are similar whilst different as Will, (Hugh Grant) is a thirty eight year old man and Markus (Nicholas Hoult), is a twelve-year-old boy.
Markus has a tough life when being bullied at school and his mother trying to commit suicide. Fiona (Toni Collete), Markus's mother is a weak and insecure lady who never seems to be lively for the duration of the film. This gave me the impression that she does not seem to think she has a good quality of life. Will does not work, is not married, has no children but likes to tell other women he does. He is a true lady's man who spends most of his time chasing after women and lying to them.
Will and Markus grow close during the film, at the beginning Will finds Markus uninteresting but by the time the film is over they have a strong relationship. 'Every man is an island. I stand by that, but clearly some men are island chains. Underneath, they
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Film Studies (view all)
- Film Analysis - Edward Scissorhands - by Tim Burton
- Truman Show Analysis: The End Sequence.
- The Truman Show is a powerful satire on media intrusion into...
- A Cultural Analysis of the Film Enemy of the State.
- How does Amenabar use presentational devices in The Others
- Christopher Vogler and Narrative Theories Essay with example...
- 'A common experience while watching a documentary is to be m...
- What was the role of the Hollywood studio system in creating...
- European cinema - major movements, directors and films.
- Analysis of a Scene from "Silence of the Lambs" (C...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.