- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Laser safety. Due to an advance in technology and intelligence in the medical world, a number of better and more efficient treatments have been developed, and among these are the light based treatments that are now being used to treat a wide range of cli
The first 200 words of this essay...
Running head: LASER SAFETY AND LIGHT BASED TREATMENTS
Laser safety and light based treatments
Due to an advance in technology and intelligence in the medical world, a number of better and more efficient treatments have been developed, and among these are the light based treatments that are now being used to treat a wide range of clinical conditions. The light based treatments use laser beams. Laser which basically means Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation works by emitting a powerful beam of light which travels in a specific direction (Silvfast, 2004).
This beam is able cut through and seal skin tissue as well as blood vessels. The laser has the capability of producing a certain colour of light also known as the wavelength, which tends to vary in strength (Hecht, 1999).This paper will provide information on the different types of lasers, their general use as well as their wavelengths. It will also identify the hazards that may arise due to laser use, and also provide viable information on their safe use, storage and maintenance in the clinic.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Clinical Medicine (view all)
- The Cost of Coronary Heart Disease to Society
- How did the Black Death affect social and political life in ...
- Compare and Contrast the Psychoanalytic and Biogenic Perspec...
- An insight into diabetes mellitus.
- Cholera, tuberculosis, AIDS and malaria are the world's larg...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.