- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Qualifications to Enter Veterinary Medicine.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Qualifications to Enter Veterinary Medicine
By: Candice Williams
The first step to take to become a veterinarian is to choose an undergraduate college. When selecting a school, it is smart to consider factors such as location, cost, type of school, size of the school, and availability of pre-veterinary advisors. Apart from some exceptions, students usually complete a four-year bachelor's degree program before entering veterinary school.
The Ontario Veterinary College is the oldest veterinary college in the Americas in terms of continuous operation. It began in Toronto in 1862, was moved to Guelph, Ontario in 1922 and became a founding college of the University of Guelph in 1964. The Ontario Veterinary College has the following advanced degree programs: Master of Science (MSc), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), and Doctor of Veterinary Science (DVSc). For entry to the Masters of Science program a Bachelor of Science (Honors) or a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree is needed. To be accepted to the Doctor of Philosophy program you must complete a Master of Science program by thesis, even though top students may, if approval, go directly to the Doctor of Philosophy program before completing their Master
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Behavioural Science (view all)
- Law and ethics in nursing
- The Birth of Midwifery.
- Biomedical models
- Alternative Medicine, also called unconventional medicine, t...
- Stressors and coping mechanisms: a variation in gender, adol...
- Intervention for ADHD should not involve medication behavio...
- Narrative Medicine connotes a medicine practiced with narrat...
- Within Crazy Like Us, Ethan Watters explains many ways in wh...
- How does attachment influence the social and emotional devel...
- Case Study 3: Strategic Action Plan to Encourage the Positiv...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.