- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
There are four types of schizophrenia; disorganized type, catatonic type, paranoid type, and undifferentiated type. What are the causes of Schizophrenia? What are the treatments? When discussing schizophrenia
The first 200 words of this essay...
It is necessary to take a closer look at schizophrenia because of its importance with the effects it takes with individuals, families, and even society. Each year it is estimated that 2.2 million Americans are infected with the brain disease Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a brutal brain disease that causes delusions, hallucinations, and paranoia. There are four types of schizophrenia; disorganized type, catatonic type, paranoid type, and undifferentiated type. What are the causes of Schizophrenia? What are the treatments? When discussing schizophrenia it is important to consider the different types of schizophrenia, the causes, and different treatments to prove that there are successful ways of managing severe symptoms of schizophrenia.
There are two groups of symptoms - positive and negative. Symptoms are divided in this way according to their impact on treatment and diagnosis (Turner, 1999).
Positive symptoms are caused by normal functions superfluity or distortion. They are:
Delusions. It is fallacious inflexible beliefs that appear as a result of exaggerations or distortions of reasoning and false interpretation of things taking place. For example, one can think that some book was written especially for him/her.
Hallucinations. It is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Clinical Medicine (view all)
- The patient centred approach of the healthcare professional
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Schizophrenia can be best explained using biophysical explan...
- Discuss the impact of Infectious diseases on the Health and ...
- WHAT IS CVD, WHAT INCREASES THE RISK OF CVD AND WHAT ARE THE...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.