- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
04 Worker Rights & Working Conditions - Free.doc
The first 200 words of this essay...
Privacy is a cornerstone of our society, as Americans we value privacy above many other natural rights. We each have a right to protect and control certain information about ourselves and who can have access to that information. Our personal decisions should be autonomous and free from illegitimate influence (Shaw & Barry, 2007, p.329). Organizations have a legitimate interest in situations which significantly influence the performance of their employees while on the job, but the understanding of what "significantly influence" means may differ between the employer and their employees. The actions of employers in gaining agreement from their employees to submit to drug testing can be considered coercive when one considers the relationship between the employer and employees. Although the relationship should be one of mutual consent and partnership, the fact that employees may be subject to termination for not submitting to drug testing, makes the consent obtained seem more likely undue coercion (Shaw & Barry, 2007, p. 364). Employees may feel obliged or even pressured to take a drug test or risk the loss of their job. In these instances, the consent may not be informed.
Although we value and guard our privacy, at times it
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- reflective account
- Do person-centred care services enable service users to lead...
- The democratic deficit can be closed by simply extending the...
- Reflection paper on "Through Deaf Eyes"
- Levels of Processing Report
- Life Experiences at ELRI Program
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo