- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
People have rights, and animals should as well. "All animals should be born with an equal claim on life" (Hurley). Why should they be less deserving of equal rights than us? Many people argue that humans are more intelligent than animals. We are all animals, and it is not necessary to have a certain level of intelligence to possess rights (Hurley).
Inflicting suffering is wrong to other humans, most times punished by jail time. Neglecting an animal by depriving it of food, water, or medical attention is a misdemeanor penalized by fines or jail time (Hurley). The logic behind it is distressing and egotistical. It is almost as if we are justifying racism and prejudice (Hurley).
There are many popular forms of animal amusement. Just to name a few, cockfighting, dog, and bull battling are various popular types. "Animal abuse was very common throughout the nineteenth century" (Hurley). "When people hunt, eat, experiment, or capture animals we are violating animal rights" (Hurley). Animals, like humans should be able to possess rights.
Animal zoos are a large form of animal entertainment. The only real purpose is to entertain people and make money. Whenever
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- The Ethics of Animal Testing
- reflective account
- Multi-National Corporations
- DIFERENT LEARNING STYLES
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- Life Experiences at ELRI Program
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.