- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 3026 words
- Submitted: 23/02/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
This essay will look at critical elements in a local crime prevention strategy and the players who are involved in them. It will look at the inter agency co-operation that is required, who would be involved in funding, and the key stake holders and how to formulate a crime prevention strategy. Several examples will be used to highlight differences and adaptations.
When examining crime prevention, one must always first examine as to what is crime and how can it be defined. There are many definitions that can be considered a crime. A formal legal definition states that crime is that if the State says it is (legislation). A social perspective states that crime is harm at both the criminal and civil wrong. A Cross-cultural universal norm argues that crime is universal unless there is a label stating it is criminal on the action. Finally, human rights approach believes that a crime is anything that violates human rights regardless of the legality of the action. (Haines Etal, 2005)
With this in mind, then the act of crime prevention may be allowed to begin and be undertaken. As with any form of action plan, there needs to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Global Warming and the Two-Part Solution. In The Environmen...
- Personal Career Development Plan
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- The main responsibility for ensuring that care is not poor q...
- Critically reflect on and evaluate the academic skills you n...
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.