- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
My task is to plan an investigation to find out the distribution and abundance of two named species of plant in a specific habitat and to determine if this is affected by the water content of the soil. I've chosen 2 species of buttercup in a water meadow.
Please could you read over it and suggest any areas for improvement. There is a word limit of ~1000 words, but mine is currently 1900! So if there are any areas you feel that I don't need please point them out!
AN INVESTIGATION INTO HOW THE DISTRIBUTION AND ABUNDANCE OF RANUNCULUS REPENS AND RANUNCULUS BULBOSUS IN A CAMBRIDGE WATER MEADOW ARE AFFECTED BY SOIL WATER CONTENT
Numerous factors exist that influence the distribution and abundance of plant populations in an ecosystem. Factors may be either abiotic, (physical characteristics of a habitat), or biotic, (caused by living organisms). This investigation will explore the effects of one abiotic factor, soil water content, on the distribution of two buttercup species, (R.repens and R.bulbosus), in a Cambridge water meadow.
Differences in the environment allow species to survive over others in a habitat. The species best
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- Global Warming and the Two-Part Solution. In The Environmen...
- Describe the way that counselling as a profession has respon...
- Lab 4 Calorimetry
- Where you live can affect your health and well-being
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.