- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Intro To Climatology
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction to Climatology
Weather Map Practical
1. According to Lamb's Classification of air flow types (Mayes, & Wheeler, 1997, p. 23), the weather across the British Isles for January 25th 1986 was dominated by Anticyclonic conditions due to a high pressure ridge from a high pressure system situated over the Atlantic Ocean. The ridge is shown in the form of an isobar of 1025mb. The air flow in an anticyclone flows clockwise because the Coriolis force is stronger than the Pressure Gradient Force (PGF) meaning wind is deflected to the right. Consequently, the isobars travel from the south west of Ireland through to the north of Scotland and then south again along the east coast of England. The wind direction follows this isobar causing mainly southerly winds across the west of the British Isles, westerlies at the tip of Scotland as the ridge bends and north westerlies along the east coast. The weather station at Cornwall shows an anomaly as there are northerly winds, however, this could be due to a local factor or the 1030mb isobar to the south of Cornwall as it draws down the wind back into the high pressure system.
The weather stations
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Global Warming and the Two-Part Solution. In The Environmen...
- Personal Career Development Plan
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- The main responsibility for ensuring that care is not poor q...
- Critically reflect on and evaluate the academic skills you n...
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo