- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Zinser Response Essay
The first 200 words of this essay...
College Writing, Section 017
October 16th, 2008
William Zinsser, a former college student, English professor, and headmaster of Branford College depicts the four pressures on a college student in his article "College Pressures". Four different types of pressure stick out the most: economic, parental, peer, and self-induced pressure. The self-induced phobia: where students are certain that all other pupils are working much harder than they are. Peer pressure: the grade has become the beacon that reflects the journey through college; not intellectual development, or maturing as an individual. Parental pressure: the students conform to parents' wishes, and watch themselves morph into something they're not, just to live up to expectations. Economic pressure: it's not unusual for a student, even if he works part-time at college and full-time during the summer, to accrue an immense amount in loans after four years; loans that he/she begins to repay within one year after commencement (pages 121-127).
There are many more sub-pressures below each of Zinsser's four pressures; none more than under "economic pressure." The economy hasn't been helping the cost of tuition recently; college is expensive and costing more every year. Yet FAFSA can't
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Reflection paper on "Through Deaf Eyes"
- Annotated bibliography
- risk assessment in mental health nursing
- Personal development analysis
- Ryanair 5 Forces
- Life Experiences at ELRI Program
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.