- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Zinser Response Essay
The first 200 words of this essay...
College Writing, Section 017
October 16th, 2008
William Zinsser, a former college student, English professor, and headmaster of Branford College depicts the four pressures on a college student in his article "College Pressures". Four different types of pressure stick out the most: economic, parental, peer, and self-induced pressure. The self-induced phobia: where students are certain that all other pupils are working much harder than they are. Peer pressure: the grade has become the beacon that reflects the journey through college; not intellectual development, or maturing as an individual. Parental pressure: the students conform to parents' wishes, and watch themselves morph into something they're not, just to live up to expectations. Economic pressure: it's not unusual for a student, even if he works part-time at college and full-time during the summer, to accrue an immense amount in loans after four years; loans that he/she begins to repay within one year after commencement (pages 121-127).
There are many more sub-pressures below each of Zinsser's four pressures; none more than under "economic pressure." The economy hasn't been helping the cost of tuition recently; college is expensive and costing more every year. Yet FAFSA can't be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Narrative Essay
- Aggression in Psychiatric Ward
- Teen Pregnancy
- What are the key features of cognitive behavioural therapy (...
- Where you live can affect your health and well-being
- International Resort & Spa Management
- Puerto Rican emigrants to US
- Red and Mark Rothko
- Graded unit : Impact of Zumba on womens participation levels...
- Determining vitamin C content in Orange Juice
""Zoey. University Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.