- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Experimental applications of Hesss Law
The first 200 words of this essay...
Title: Experimental applications of Hess's Law
Objectives: 1) To determine the enthalpy change of reaction, by Hess's law.
2) To study the relationship between change in temperature and enthalpy change.
A Chemical reaction not only involved in a single steps reaction change also involved in a series of intermediate steps of changing. In this experiment are used the hydrochloric acid react with ammonia aqueous solution and the dissolving of solid ammonium chloride in water to determine the enthalpy change of the reaction. Reaction can be divided to two categories which is exothermic and endothermic reaction. Every reaction involved either exothermic or endothermic reaction. Just a simple example, when water in liquid state change to solid state is involved releases heat (exothermic reaction) in to surrounding. While when water in solid state change to liquid state involved in absorb heat (endothermic reaction) from surrounding.
Heats are produce when chemical reactions occur. In this experiment, the system is an isolated system which no exchanges heat and mass with surrounding. Hence, the amount of heat released or absorb from the reaction can be expressed as
In this experiment, the container that was used is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Steam Distillation of (S)-(+)-Carvone from Caraway Seeds and...
- Method's of Drug Characterisation
- Determining the concentration of copper(II) ions
- Purifying Acetanilide by Recrystallization. The purpose of t...
- Food safety legislation
- SN1 Reaction: Preparation of Cyclohexyl Chloride
- Copper Penny Lab Report - measuring density.
- Forensic Chemistry - Ion Selective Electrode. The objective...
- The objectives of this experiment are to synthesis 1-bromobu...
- The two central objectives of this experiment are the produc...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'