- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
In this essay I am going to evaluate a range of sources that cover the topic of the impact of humans on ocean acidification and summarise the pros and cons of each source type.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Geography Tutorials: Critical Thinking and Techniques
Geography Tutorial Group G1
Submission Date: 17th October 2011
Assignment 1: Evaluation of Sources
Topic: "the impact of humans on ocean acidification"
Word Count: 1116
The term ocean acidification is used to describe the ongoing decrease in ocean pH caused by human CO2 emissions, such as the burning of fossil fuels (UK Ocean Acidification Research Programme, 2011). In this essay I am going to evaluate a range of sources that cover the topic of the impact of humans on ocean acidification and summarise the pros and cons of each source type.
Articles published in peer-reviewed journals are considered to be of the highest quality. They must undergo a thorough review process, with multiple professional experts and reviewers involved. As a result of their expertise, data can be presented in a clear, factual and appropriate way. The use of peer review conveys a variety of opinions that can help remove any personal biases and at the same, highlight new ideas and innovation.
The three journal articles I examined: (Hoegh-Guldberg et al., 2008),
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental & Physical Geography (view all)
- "Environmental degradation is neither the inevitable pr...
- Environmental Degradation.
- Why is the 'triple bottom line' so important?
- Deforestation, Reforestation and Afforestation
- "The ISO 14000 environmental management series is a maj...
- Critically evaluate the role and effectiveness of Environmen...
- Disposal of Toxic and Radioactive Materials with Special Foc...
- "The tropical rainforest is the most complex ecosystem ...
- Should humans should be responsible for preserving endangere...
- This Community Research Project is aimed at examining Barang...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.