- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Intermolecular forces. In our experiment we want to find out how intermolecular forces are present in our samples, how they interact with each other. We will experiment the relationships between molecular structures and their physical properties: volatili
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Vladimir Koloskov
Section: Chem 111/102
Date submitted: 09/15/2011
Team member: Jake Harding
Experiment #16: Intermolecular Forces-The Relationship Between Physical Properties and Structure
The forces holding molecules together are generally called intermolecular forces. The energy required to break molecules apart is much smaller than a typical bond-energy, but intermolecular forces play important roles in determining the properties of a substances. In our experiment we want to find out how intermolecular forces are present in our samples, how they interact with each other. We will experiment the relationships between molecular structures and their physical properties: volatility, viscosity and solubility.
Part A: Relative Volatilities of Samples.
B. Relative Viscosities of Materials.
C. Mutual Slubilities of Liquids
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Calorimetry. The aim of the experiment is to determine the ...
- Purifying Acetanilide by Recrystallization. The purpose of t...
- Synthesis of chloropentaaminecobalt(lll) chloride
- An experiment to prepare ethene gas from ethanol and examine...
- Determining the concentration of copper(II) ions
- Determination of the density of an unknown liquid
- SN1 Reaction: Preparation of Cyclohexyl Chloride
- Copper Penny Lab Report - measuring density.
- Forensic Chemistry - Ion Selective Electrode. The objective...
- The objectives of this experiment are to synthesis 1-bromobu...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.