- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
No other planet, as far as we know, has anything resembling an ocean, and the fact that more than seven-tenths of the Earth's surface is covered with water is quite evident. The ocean reservoirs hold about 97% of the planet's stock of water- some 330 million cubic miles of it spread over an area of 139,440,000 square miles (Oceanography). Water pollution progresses every day in our lakes, oceans, rivers, and other bodies of water that we see and use in many ways. Human beings are the most superior race existing in this world. While we regularly implement consuming abilities of valuable resources we also pollute our environments. Water is essential for all living things to survive, yet people still pollute it. There are a wide variety of pollutants that can affect water and the plants and animals that live in the water. This pollution can be divided into three groups: chemical pollution, thermal pollution, and ecological pollution. Since not all pollution is human produced we need to understand that there are sometimes "natural" reasons for some pollution.
The term "marine pollution" was not widely used until 1967, when the tanker Torrey Canyon spilled more then 36
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Environmental Sciences (view all)
- The Ozone Layer: The World's Greatest Sunblock
- Spain - A country full of different culture and life
- Discuss the similarities and differences between human and p...
- Explain the causes of hydrological hazards.
- A Closer Look at Global Warming
- Is the international ban on the trade of ivory consistent wi...
- The recent water shortages in Spain have become a severe and...
- Discuss a range of geomorphological techniques we can use to...
- Identify and discuss the Concepts, Skills and Methods deploy...
- Citing a number of contemporary issues, evaluate pressures o...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.